Friday, July 1, 2016

Ironman Lake Placid 23 days away

Ironman Lake Placid is my 2016 A Race, which means this is the most important race of the year for me.
I think I'm ready.
I've been thinking about it for a year.
I've been planning it for a year.
So many things got in the way. But that is the way it is with Ironman.
You do what you can.
You do your plan.
You try the best you can to get the hours in.

Ironman is more than the race. More than the race day.
It is going back to the area where I grew up.
It's seeing the place names that I remember from my youth.
I want to take pictures next to everything that reminds me of my youth.
But it's also about racing with my friend Mark who I've known since 2009 when we met on the rock wall at Coeur d'Alene minute before our first ever Ironman.
It's about the legend of Lake Placid.
It's about my mom and dad being there on race - just like in 2009.
It's about entering, again, the race that I didn't show up for in 2011.

It's about conquering demons.

But this is not new. I am not unique. Everyone has their crap. Everyone has obstacles.

I cannot wait to get to New York State in 20 days. A vacation. I am in a New York State of Mind.

The next 20 days are going to be planned. Every. Minute. Planned.


Race Day Reminder:  Don't forget to smile and have fun. 
Maybe this is why I do Ironman. It's the one day that is really just about me. I love that day. 

It is also about the challenge. 

 
 I

No comments:

Post a Comment