Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Here's to the Love of My Life

Abbey, my 11 year old dog, went off on a new outdoor adventure on August 10 2012

She joins Jack her first friend, and teacher of all bad habits, in dog heaven.  And  she joins her Maine dog-friend Balsam.
Abbey had a great life born in Vermont and moved  to every new house, city, and state following her crazy human around the country. In some places she was allowed on the sofa and some places she wasn’t – but in the end, she could do anything she wanted, I like that.

She drove with me across the country to Colorado and finally to Arizona.
Her favorite thing was to eat and take walks. Walks were getting harder and harder at the end. But Abbey’s tail always wagged  - even to the end.
She was a happy dog and I learned so much from her.
I miss her so much. Daisy wonders where she went and looks around every time the food hits her bowl. When Abbey doesn’t race for the leftover food, Daisy is confused. Very sad.
No matter what was going on in my life, Abbey’s routine was always part of the plan and work and social life came second, no matter what.
She had this way of looking at me that told me she was happy, and thus, I was happy in her presence.
Abbey is greatly missed, loved and has made such a difference in my life - So here’s to the best dog in the world - the love of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment