Monday, December 23, 2013

Triple Threat Triathlon Team - I Am Their Newest Member

I recently joined a new triathlon team, Triple Threat Triathlon Team. 

I was interviewed by one of the founding members, Collin, and here is a link to the blog interview:

What’s your background, and how did you get into triathlon?
I have been an athlete all my life. I played softball and tennis growing up. In high school I played basketball and softball. It was only after high school that I started swimming, biking, and running in various degrees with no consistency and I never raced. I remember swimming laps in the Portsmouth, New Hampshire YMCA pool and thinking about triathlons. The problem was I never followed through with anything back then. When I was 34 I moved to Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Everyone was a runner or cyclist. Steamboat had a running series and I started running all the races; even winning 3rd place for the most points one year, mostly because I ran many of them to get points. I started meeting triathletes and the next thing I knew, I was one.

Read the rest of the interview here: triplethreattriathlon.blogspot.com

I'm so excited to be a member of this team with other members living all over the US. I hope to meet some of them at Ironman 70.3 St. George in May. 

No comments:

Post a Comment