Friday, March 28, 2014

Running, Triathlon, Signing up for Races and Fun Events


This year I was going to take a break from Ironman, from 140.6. 


Instead I’ve signed up for multiple races of many different lengths and sports. 

I might have a “sign up” problem. In my book, Continental Quotient, I wrote an essay, How I Got This Way, about signing up for races late in the evening when I was highly motivated and telling the story about how I became a triathlete/endurance athlete.


Ten years later, I still have the same problem. I sign up for races and events late at night when I have a need to stay motivated and my desire to see the world is at its peak.


In 2014 I’m signed up for 3 - 70.3 triathlons, 1 Xterra OffRoad triathlon, a week-long backpacking trip in the Sierras, and plans are in the works for a 50mile trail run in December, a few century bike rides, and a 12-hour mountain bike race.




Signing up for these races helps me train every day. 
Signing up for races and events in places I’ve never been allows me see the world.

Maybe it’s not so much a problem as a healthy addiction.


2014 is going to be a good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment