Friday, July 6, 2012

Changes after changes, we are more or less the same


Today I was able to change all my plans and move them to adjust to the move to Tucson.

I had to change a flight in August, cancel a reservation for a hotel in July, change Tribike transport, and the biggie: change the Full Distance Triathlon to November.

It’s all arranged now.

During all this change and rearranging, there are moments of terror and depression, and moments of life affirming happiness.

There are some people who go through life creating as little change as possible and are happy with their lives. 

I’ve never been like that. 

Whenever my life gets some semblance of steady, comfort, I throw it into chaos. It’s not on purpose, believe me. But sometimes change is needed and when it happens, it is exciting and alternatively frightening. At the end of the day, I want to have a fabulous, amazing life, and I’m not going to do it standing still, comfortable, stagnant.

Wednesday I went on my last (for a while) bike ride into Rocky Mountain National Park with my friend George. It was a great ride because 1) the weather was perfect, meaning no wind 2) I was with my friend George who was my first biking partner in Grand County 3) there wasn’t much traffic because we started early and 4) I knew I had to bike 6 hours and I came very close to it.

(Taking a break in Grand Lake behind me is Shadow Mountain Lake and Mount Baldy)

I feel fortunate to live in a beautiful place and have great friends. I am going to find this again, in Tucson, I hope. 

Now that my full distance triathlon is moved to November, I can just concentrate on Timberman 70.3 in August, get situated in Tucson, and find running/biking/triathlon partners. It is sad to leave this place, but it’s not forever. I have my condo here and like I’ve said before, “stranger things have happened” and with my crazy, unpredictable, amazing life, who knows what tomorrow will bring. 

I wouldn’t want it any other way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment