Sunday, January 2, 2011

"where people love him and will happy to see his face"

Lake Wobegon Days. "Some luck lies in not getting what you want, but getting what you have. which when you think about it, it is what you would have wanted all along had you known..he starts out on the short walk to the house where people love him and will happy to see his face.”



I love this book, I love this quote.


I read this book in 1988 as I travelled through Wyoming and Montana. I find that over the years this quote still holds true. After all my travels all over the world and this country, there is still nothing better than walking into a house where people love you and are happy to see you; perhaps after many years away, a few months, or even just a few days.


But the first line, “Some luck lies in not getting what you want, but getting what you have” and maybe re-reading it again, just a few days after the new year which makes me feel a bit more reflective and a little more sentimental, gets me everytime.

"Some luck lies in not getting what you want, but getting what you have”

When I re-read this quote, I think about Wyoming and Montana, two places where I thought I would live, but never made it.

Some day, maybe.

For now, this outdoor place is enough for me. I get to walk out my door to trails: skiing, hiking, and biking trails. It’s a good place to live. Sometimes, that is all we need to know.




Happy New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment