Monday, April 10, 2017

I have eight 4,000 footers in New Hampshire to hike

Today I discovered while reading my AMC White Mountain Guide 24th edition that I have eight 4,000 footers to hike; the edition I bought in 1988. 

The back of the book lists all the 4,000 footers. I wrote in the dates of the mountains I’ve hiked. I’ve always thought that I have six left but when I recounted with book in hand there are eight.

Garfield
Hancock
Flume
South Hancock
Cabot
Hale
Owl’s Head
Waumbek.




 I have a plan.
I will finish these hikes in 2017. 

2 comments:

  1. You saved the easy ones for last, you should have no problem! The 1988 edition was a long time ago. In 1998 the list removed Wildcat E and replaced it with Wildcat D (observation platform to the north of the top of the ski area). Also, the Mt. Cabot Trail is closed, get to Kilkenny Ridge Trail from Bunnell Notch Trail or Unknown Pond now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the updates. I'm showing my age. LOL

      Delete