Sunday, August 14, 2011

How to Be Support for Your Athlete

This week I wrote my Outdoor Column about how to be a good support team for your athlete.
I would be remiss if I didn’t mention Than, the man who taught me how to be a good support team. When we were on the race course in Coeur d’Alene he showed me everything I know. Plus, during down times when we were waiting for our athletes we would talk about family, friendship, racing cars, and our lives so far.
(Note how Than is holding all of Mark's transition bags and has a camera around his neck: perfection)

Than and Mark have been friends since their youth. They take care of each other even though they live thousands of miles apart. I’m envious of their life-long friendship and learned a lot about what you do for friends. Than is a good man; a good father, husband, friend.
I’m glad to know him and call him friend. It was a good day in Coeur d’Alene.
Here's the inspirational shirt created for Team Nash:

No comments:

Post a Comment