Thursday, October 14, 2010

No Snow Yet

Snow is still not in the forecast and I like everything about it. This year I have been blessed with perfect autumn weather for Ironman training. While it snowed a few days ago in Winter Park, there was no snow in Granby. I can still ride my bike and run outside.



November 21, will signal the last day of 2010 triathlon training and racing. Then I can look forward to skiing. Winter is one of my favorite seasons. I love skiing: downhill and backcountry skiing. And, like I wrote in last year’s column, In November, we wait for snow.

In November, we wait for snow. We wait for weather reports and clouds coming from the northwest. After ten years of living in ski towns, I still get excited for the first big snow and the ritual of getting all the ski gear out of storage: sweaters, hats, gloves, and ski jackets. Each morning as I walk to the door to open the blinds I hold my breath in anticipation for what poet Billy Collins writes in the first line of Snow Day: “Today we woke up to a revolution of snow” and hope for snow on the ground.

Click here to read, A Revolution of Snow.


No comments:

Post a Comment