Saturday, September 29, 2012

2012 Training Update September



Training this past month has been good, not great.I'm worried I'm not getting all the hours in. I'm doing the best I can.
I love training with other people, which I didn’t do much prior to moving to Tucson.
Now, I have my Desert Tri Girls and Team Soul Cycling to have biking and running partners. 

Oney morning I ran 7.2 miles in Sabino Canyon. The Tram line is paved and there are bridges that cross several streams. I like running this in the morning. I wish I could bring my dog, but alas, no dogs allowed in Sabino Canyon. Sad.

(Sabino Canyon Tram Line heading back to the start, September 18, 2012)
Number 60 on the 101 Things to Do in Tucson

Later, that evening I met up with the Desert Tri Girls. Every Tuesday night we meet at the Ironwood Ridge High School track for a speed workout. Today, instead of speed work, we do bleacher exercises.

The next morning I woke up sore and wanted to bike 30 minutes to loosen up the soreness. The ride turned into 80 minutes. The ride turned long because I love biking in Tucson. It’s September 19 and I’m biking at 7am in shorts and tank top. It’s not cold, there is no frost. I’m loving it.

The triathlon life is good in September here in Tucson. 

I am 8 weeks from my full distance triathlon in Lake Havasu City. And 50 weeks from IronmanWisconsin. This will be my first winter training year round, or at least, biking OUTSIDE year-round. So far, so good

No comments:

Post a Comment